Tuesday 18 August 2026 SourcesAbout🌓
🇦🇺 AU ▾
BREAKING
Australia politics live: Butler confident NDIS bill will pass Senate tonight after deal with Coalition Booze delivery restricted under domestic violence plan Ban extended, opt-out scheme developed in gambling laws In pictures: Top Perth athletes get a look behind the scenes of Nine’s CBD headquarters Wests Tigers have had the season from hell. It’s about to get even worse Commonwealth accuses chemical giant of hiding health impacts of PFAS Save up to $1000 when you pre-order the latest Google Pixel 11 devices Cricket star David Warner tried to switch seats before random breath test Bendigo Bank hit with new conditions over ‘longstanding’ management weaknesses Coalition MPs cross floor over ‘weak’ gambling crackdown as major parties strike deal Australia politics live: Butler confident NDIS bill will pass Senate tonight after deal with Coalition Booze delivery restricted under domestic violence plan Ban extended, opt-out scheme developed in gambling laws In pictures: Top Perth athletes get a look behind the scenes of Nine’s CBD headquarters Wests Tigers have had the season from hell. It’s about to get even worse Commonwealth accuses chemical giant of hiding health impacts of PFAS Save up to $1000 when you pre-order the latest Google Pixel 11 devices Cricket star David Warner tried to switch seats before random breath test Bendigo Bank hit with new conditions over ‘longstanding’ management weaknesses Coalition MPs cross floor over ‘weak’ gambling crackdown as major parties strike deal
Australian News

Accuser says Alan Jones groomed and groped him

PerthNow ·
Accuser says Alan Jones groomed and groped him

A former radio station staffer has denied trying to titillate Alan Jones in an explicit text message about his genitals, telling the court he was trying to "curry favour" with the longtime shock jock.

He is one of six men who allege Jones kissed, groped or subjected them to sexual misconduct between 2003 and 2020 across Sydney and the NSW Southern Highlands.

The 85-year-old former ruler of the airwaves has pleaded not guilty to 22 charges of indecent assault and sexual touching without consent, eight of which relate to the former radio station staffer.

The man, who was 18 years old when he met Jones, claims Jones repeatedly kissed him without consent in a lift at his home and workplace, and groped him in a car and at an event.

He was cross-examined on Tuesday about texts he sent to the veteran broadcaster after the alleged indecent assaults, some of which expressed love for Jones and sent kisses.

The former radio station staffer had previously insisted he had only replied to Jones's intimate messages.

But when pressed, he accepted that he had sparked some of the exchanges.

In one text, he told the former Wallabies coach he was a bachelor again and referenced his genitals with a nickname they both used.

"Do you accept this is regular banter?" Jones's lawyer Gabrielle Bashir SC asked.

He denied that the message was inconsistent with his allegations of being repeatedly indecently assaulted by Jones.

When asked if he had sent the message to titillate the former radio host, the younger man said he "wouldn't use that word".

"I certainly felt like it was a way of currying favour with him," he told the court.

The former radio station staffer previously told the court he felt pressured to continue to engage with Jones because he was "the most powerful person in Australia" at the time.

He said he was intimidated by Jones and scared of what he might do if he didn't get the responses he sought.

Read the full article on PerthNow ›

5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on www.perthnow.com.au — the content belongs to PerthNow.

This story in other outlets

More from PerthNow

See all ›

More in Australian News

See all ›