Friday 21 August 2026 SourcesAbout🌓
🇦🇺 AU ▾
BREAKING
Nikorima, Farnworth link up for Dolphins try Tiananmen Square vigil organisers in Hong Kong found guilty of ‘inciting subversion’ AFL LIVE: Foul smell hits the MCG, Pendlebury injured as the Lions start to roar away NRL LIVE updates: Quickfire double puts Dolphins ahead of Eels after Broncos ends Canberra’s finals hopes England v Pakistan: first Test, day three – live Premier League returns, Wan-Bissaka joins Villa, Iraola on Liverpool’s ‘thin squad’: football – live Paul Dougan’s son issues touching tribute to father who died following alleged assault in Bali Nottinghamshire v Surrey, Warwickshire v Sussex, and more: county cricket day two live Eels livewire cracks Dolphins defence Tony Burke breaks silence on ex-ASIO agent's Bondi royal commission testimony Nikorima, Farnworth link up for Dolphins try Tiananmen Square vigil organisers in Hong Kong found guilty of ‘inciting subversion’ AFL LIVE: Foul smell hits the MCG, Pendlebury injured as the Lions start to roar away NRL LIVE updates: Quickfire double puts Dolphins ahead of Eels after Broncos ends Canberra’s finals hopes England v Pakistan: first Test, day three – live Premier League returns, Wan-Bissaka joins Villa, Iraola on Liverpool’s ‘thin squad’: football – live Paul Dougan’s son issues touching tribute to father who died following alleged assault in Bali Nottinghamshire v Surrey, Warwickshire v Sussex, and more: county cricket day two live Eels livewire cracks Dolphins defence Tony Burke breaks silence on ex-ASIO agent's Bondi royal commission testimony
Latest

Lawyer for women in Sydney Swans hotel scandal makes explosive new claim

7NEWS Australia ·
Lawyer for women in Sydney Swans hotel scandal makes explosive new claim

The lawyer representing two of the women in the alleged Sydney Swans hotel scandal says his clients are “traumatised” after being subjected to “degrading behaviour” in a room of up to 10 people.

But the club categorically denies there were any more than the five suspended players present.

WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: Sydney Swans scandal deepens with new allegations

Carbone Lawyers partner and head of personal injury law and litigation, John Karantzis, has told 7NEWS he was “simply horrified” when he learned of the events of Monday morning at the Pullman Hotel in Melbourne , adding his clients will be pursuing a compensation claim.

Isaac Heeney, Chad Warner, Nick Blakey, James Jordan and Riley Bice have all been suspended for the rest of the AFL season for their involvement in the alleged scandal — but Karantzis says there were several others with them.

“My understanding is there were various officials in the room at that morning,” he claimed, speaking to 7NEWS.

“That’s my understanding — and this is all alleged — that there were various officials in the room, including the coach, that were there that morning.

At a press conference earlier on Friday, Sydney coach Dean Cox categorically denied that he was in the room.

In a statement, the club insisted there were no more than the five players in the room.

“The Sydney Swans can confirm that all investigations carried out by the club have consistently indicated that the only representatives of the club in the room central to the police investigation were the five players who have been stood down,” the Swans said on Friday. “We have every reason to consider that reports to the contrary are simply false.”

Karantzis said the women were booked to “perform services”, but claims they soon had to call security, who alerted police, when a line was crossed.

“The women agreed to do various services. I’m not going to go into detail as to what those services were,” he said.

“However, unfortunately, my clients were subjected to type of behaviours which are totally unacceptable in this day and age.

“Degrading behaviour. Behaviour which was abusive, and which made my clients, the three women involved, uncomfortable — to the point where the transaction stopped.

Read the full article on 7NEWS Australia ›

5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on 7news.com.au — the content belongs to 7NEWS Australia.

More from 7NEWS Australia

See all ›

More in Latest

See all ›