‘Several’ Sydney Swans involved in alleged incident at team hotel as police investigate report of sexual assault
The Sydney Swans have issued a brief statement confirming an alleged incident at their Melbourne hotel on Sunday night.
Police attended the Pullman on Monday morning, the day after Sydney’s 36-point win over Essendon at the nearby MCG.
Sydney have so far confirmed “several players were involved” in the alleged incident.
“The Swans have notified the AFL and relevant authorities and cannot provide further comment at this stage,” the club said.
Channel 7’s Tom Morris reported the situation “could rock Sydney’s season”.
Morris said the details “are believed to be sensitive and potentially very damaging to star players”.
Sydney’s win over the Bombers secured second spot on the ladder two weeks out from their first final.
It was also a rare MCG game for the Swans after playing just two games at the ground last year and only one so far this season in Round 2.
5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on 7news.com.au — the content belongs to 7NEWS Australia.