Suspect in Chucky-style mask accused of terrorizing people in Philadelphia
Police in Philadelphia say they are seeking the public’s help in identifying a suspect wearing a Chucky doll Halloween-style face mask, who is accused of harassing and terrorizing people.
On Tuesday, police released a statement saying, “On Wednesday, 8-12-26 at approximately 5:30AM, the complainant was chased by a masked offender in the area of 1500 JFK Blvd. The offender made threatening comments as they approached causing the complainant to stumble and sustain injury.”
Police said the suspect fled into a subway station after the incident took place.
Police said the suspect is described as “a 16-20 year old Black male, 5’8″, thin build wearing a white baby doll style Halloween mask with black hair and a black/blue plaid backpack.”
“If you see this suspect do not approach, contact 911 immediately,” police added.
During a press conference on Monday, Philadelphia Police Capt. Jason Smith said that during a 20-minute time span, the suspect “was able to accost a good many people, most of which haven’t come forward yet.”
In an instance captured on surveillance video, Smith said the suspect chased a female jogger who he allegedly asked, “Are you ready to die?”
The woman ran away, screaming for help and injured her leg, Smith said.
Smith said the female jogger came forward and there are believed to be at least six other people that the suspect ran up to “attempting to scare or antagonize.”
The person was wearing a “Chucky doll Halloween-style face mask,” Smith said, referring to the doll from the Child’s Play horror franchise.
“There’s a clear indication that he’s filming this for his own purposes,” Smith added. “He’s targeting men and women, just whoever he appears to come across.”
Once apprehended, the suspect will face charges including terroristic threats, harassment, simple assault, reckless endangerment and intimidation, according to Smith.
Earlier this month, a 15-year-old was arrested and charged with murder after police allege he stabbed a 78-year-old man to death in a random attack in East St. Louis, Ill.
The suspect was allegedly captured in doorbell camera footage dressed as a clown before the stabbing took place.
5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on globalnews.ca — the content belongs to Global News.