Thursday, August 20, 2026 SourcesAbout🌓
🇨🇦 CA ▾
BREAKING
Car salesman becomes Belgian prince after royal lineage legally confirmed Mexico feeling pressure as U.S.-Canada trade comes together: official Scotiabank hires Morgan Stanley’s top Canada banker Richard Tory How the Jays are rebounding from their early-season offensive setbacks Farkas' 2022 Pacific Crest Trail hike now the subject of documentary Brazil’s Maracana Stadium to host opening, final of 2027 Women’s World Cup CUPE holds solidarity rally outside Villa Marconi, amid growing pile-up in the laundry department OPP joining probe into alleged fraud at London, Ont. hospital Cuts made at Global B.C., Global National, News 640 and talk radio as Corus reports losses Expect Toronto traffic mayhem this weekend thanks to concerts, fests, CNE Car salesman becomes Belgian prince after royal lineage legally confirmed Mexico feeling pressure as U.S.-Canada trade comes together: official Scotiabank hires Morgan Stanley’s top Canada banker Richard Tory How the Jays are rebounding from their early-season offensive setbacks Farkas' 2022 Pacific Crest Trail hike now the subject of documentary Brazil’s Maracana Stadium to host opening, final of 2027 Women’s World Cup CUPE holds solidarity rally outside Villa Marconi, amid growing pile-up in the laundry department OPP joining probe into alleged fraud at London, Ont. hospital Cuts made at Global B.C., Global National, News 640 and talk radio as Corus reports losses Expect Toronto traffic mayhem this weekend thanks to concerts, fests, CNE
Entertainment

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly returning to Britain

Global News Entertainment ·
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly returning to Britain

Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan , the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, are reportedly returning to Britain this month, six years after they quit royal duties and relocated to the U.S.

The couple intend to relocate from the U.S. to a private non-royal residence outside London, according to the BBC .

Harry and Meghan plan to maintain their home in Montecito, Calif., and their vacation property in Portugal when they return to the United Kingdom for an extended stay beginning this fall, The Associated Press reports.

The outlet also reports that the couple’s children, seven-year-old Prince Archie and five-year-old and Princess Lilibet have been enrolled to start at a British school in September.

King Charles III was told of the move on Sunday and there are no current plans for Harry or Meghan to resume their roles as working royals, the BBC reports.

Harry and Meghan gave up their royal duties and moved to California more than six years ago and secured lucrative contracts with Netflix and Spotify with their media company, Archewell Productions.

Although relations with the rest of the Royal Family have soured since then, Harry has recently expressed an interest in reconciliation so he could spend more time with his father, King Charles, who is being treated for an undisclosed form of cancer.

Harry and Meghan visited the U.K. last month, where they met with King Charles and Queen Camilla at Highgrove House, a country estate west of London, Buckingham Palace confirmed.

The Duke of Sussex arrived in his homeland for a number of charity events.

Harry’s visit also coincided with him losing his final lawsuit in his quest to tame the British tabloids. A judge ruled that he failed to prove his privacy invasion claims against the publisher of the Daily Mail.

Harry has made public comments about hoping to reconcile with his family, telling the BBC last year , “I would love reconciliation with my family. There’s no point in continuing to fight anymore.”

“There have been so many disagreements between myself and some of my family,” he said, adding that he has now “forgiven” them.

“Life is precious. I don’t know how much longer my father has,” he said, referencing King Charles and his 2024 cancer diagnosis . “He won’t speak to me because of this security stuff, but it would be nice to reconcile.”

Harry has placed the blame on the palace for stripping him of his police protection detail on visits to the U.K., and said that was at the “heart” of the family dispute.

Read the full article on Global News Entertainment ›

5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on globalnews.ca — the content belongs to Global News Entertainment.

This story in other outlets

More from Global News Entertainment

See all ›

More in Entertainment

See all ›