2026年8月19日星期三 媒体关于🌓
🇨🇳 CN ▾
快讯
国际

US Navy destroyer with 300 sailors aboard broke down for 4 days in the Pacific

South China Morning Post - World ·
US Navy destroyer with 300 sailors aboard broke down for 4 days in the Pacific

The USS Benfold lost power, leaving its crew without drinking water, meals, functioning toilets and air conditioning

A US Navy destroyer with about 300 sailors aboard suffered a major breakdown in the Pacific Ocean last month that left it without power for four days, the Navy confirmed in a statement.

The USS Benfold “reported an engineering casualty involving its generators, causing a loss of power” on July 24, Navy spokesman Commander Matthew Comer said in the statement.

The breakdown meant the crew went without drinking water, meals, functioning toilets and air conditioning for days aboard the ship, Comer said.

The incident, which only became public on Friday when it was first reported by USNI News, comes as the Pentagon grapples with serious questions about the quality of life aboard naval vessels and the military’s ability to supply ships during the conflict with Iran.

Democratic lawmakers are calling for investigations into conditions aboard the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln.

Reports last week revealed that the ship, which has spent a record-setting 250 uninterrupted days at sea, has experienced shortages of supplies, including food and hygiene products, while crew members have suffered from stress and poor mental health.

在South China Morning Post - World阅读完整文章 ›

此摘要由5News从媒体的公开信息源汇聚而成。 包含完整背景的全文在www.scmp.com — 内容归South China Morning Post - World所有。

更多来自South China Morning Post - World的报道

查看全部 ›

更多国际新闻

查看全部 ›