Monday, 17 August 2026 SourcesAbout🌓
🇬🇧 UK ▾
BREAKING
Latest

Transfer news LIVE: Alvarez to Arsenal twist; Man Utd eye striker deal; double Liverpool boost; Chelsea latest

Evening Standard ·
Transfer news LIVE: Alvarez to Arsenal twist; Man Utd eye striker deal; double Liverpool boost; Chelsea latest

The summer window is edging towards a dramatic conclusion as Arsenal , Chelsea , Manchester United , Liverpool and Tottenham push for more signings ahead of the deadline. Arsenal are still in pursuit of Julian Alvarez and have held talks over Victor Osimhen, while the Gunners are stepping up their move for Ezri Konsa amid shock links to Jarell Quansah and Jack Hinshelwood. Arsenal are also said to be keen on Christian Kofane as Gabriel Martinelli, Ethan Nwaneri and Gabriel Jesus head for the exit.

Chelsea are remaining defiant on Enzo Fernandez as Manchester City also target Pedro Neto, while Manchester United have been handed a boost over Eduardo Camavinga as they look at a new striker in Igor Matanovic. Bradley Barcola and Ibrahim Mbaye were left out of PSG’s squad for the Trophee des Champions on Sunday night in good news for Liverpool, who are trying to sign both players. Tottenham are close to deals for Savinho and Cody Gakpo as they also eye Chelsea’s Nicolas Jackson.

Barcelona have now agreed a fee for Rodri, while West Ham are in talks over Joel Piroe as Fulham chase Raoul Bellanova. Follow the latest transfer news, rumours and gossip live below!

The Argentina striker has been the Gunners’ top attacking transfer target all summer, despite failed attempts to pull off a blockbuster deal for Real Madrid superstar Vinicius Jr.

Atletico Madrid have made it crystal clear that they do not wish to sell Alvarez amid strong interest from Arsenal and Barcelona, but the saga looks far from over as things stand.

ESPN in Argentina report that Mikel Arteta has made another attempt to convince the ex-Manchester City forward to move to north London, only to be told that he is still targeting a switch to the Camp Nou.

AFP/Getty ICYMI: Rodri to join Barcelona Rodri is set to sign for Barcelona from Manchester City.

That is according to The Athletic and David Ornstein, who reported that the La Liga champions would pay €76.5million to the Premier League side for the midfielder, with a €60m fixed fee and over €11m in very achievable bonuses. Rodri is thought to have signed a four-year deal at the Nou Camp.

London Standard Martinez to Juventus off, sights set on Vicario The Athletic report that Emi Martinez will not join Juventus from Aston Villa, as had been first thought.

The Argentine looked set to move to Italy with Villa due to land Zion Suzuki from Parma as their new No1, but the sides did not agree on the €10million fee that the Premier League outfit were demanding.

Juve are now believed to have turned to Guglielmo Vicario, who is surplus to requirements at Tottenham.

PA Forest join Delap race Nottingham Forest have entered the race for Chelsea striker Liam Delap, who wants to remain in the Premier League, talkSPORT reports.

Chelsea are prepared to sell the 23-year-old this summer and have placed a £40million price tag on him. Newcastle United and Everton are also interested, but neither club has submitted a concrete offer.

Getty Man Utd to rival Arsenal for Hinshelwood Manchester United are tracking Brighton midfielder Jack Hinshelwood as they consider adding a third midfielder, Teamtalk claims.

Read the full article on Evening Standard ›

5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on www.standard.co.uk — the content belongs to Evening Standard.

This story in other outlets

More from Evening Standard

See all ›

More in Latest

See all ›