Harry and Meghan latest: Duchess of Sussex ‘to make return to acting’ as family plot UK comeback
Meghan Markle could make a return to acting as she is set to arrive in the UK before the end of the month, according to reports.
Sources close to the Duchess of Sussex, formerly known for her role in the US legal drama Suits, have not denied reports that she has been offered an acting role in the country, according to an Australian media outlet which suggested she had been offered a job in an upcoming project.
News broke on Wednesday that Prince Harry and Meghan were returning to the UK after six years across the pond to make their home in a non-royal residence outside London. It is understood the couple have already enrolled their children, Archie and Lilibet, in British schools.
Asked whether the government would pay for their protection on their return to the UK , Andy Burnham said: “It’s a matter for Harry and Meghan and we wish them well in the move that they’re making.”
It comes as Prince Harry will find out on Friday the cost of his failed legal claims against the publisher of the Daily Mail following the case’s dismissal earlier this year.
The Duke of Sussex will no longer discuss private family matters in public as he looks to regain the trust of his father, according to The Telegraph.
As part of his commitment to rebuilding his and his family’s relationship with the King, he will no longer take part in any long-form television interviews, the newspaper said.
Harry and Meghan have publicly criticised the royal family, and laid several accusations against its members during interviews, their Netflix series, and Harry’s memoir Spare .
Prince William is understood to be certain that there is “no way back” for Harry and Meghan to rejoin the royal family after their exit in 2020.
He is said to be “completely united” with his father in not allow the couple to have a semi role, royal sources told Mirror.
Both William and Kate want “no part” in their drama and cannot forgive some of the accusations made against the family after they left the UK, the newspaper reported.
One source told the newspaper: “Obviously the Sussexes' return will make inevitable headlines for a few days, but it has no bearing on the prince and princess' life moving forward.
“If anything, events that have affected them over the past couple of years have made them even more determined to concentrate on what is important to them, their family, their public roles and the ability to provide generational change for good with their public roles, and look forward to the future.”
The royal family is treating Meghan and Harry’s return as “business as usual” after their announcement prompted a get-together at Balmoral this week.
5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on www.independent.co.uk — the content belongs to The Independent UK News.