Monday, 17 August 2026 SourcesAbout🌓
🇬🇧 UK ▾
BREAKING
World

Netanyahu and Kushner talks make no breakthrough on stalled Gaza deal

The Guardian World ·
Netanyahu and Kushner talks make no breakthrough on stalled Gaza deal

Israeli PM again insists troops will not withdraw from strip until Hamas first disarms, but calls meeting constructive Benjamin Netanyahu has told Donald Trump’s son-in-law and envoy Jared Kushner there can be no progress on the stalled Gaza ceasefire deal or an Israeli withdrawal from the coastal strip until Hamas first disarms.

An Israeli official said there had been no breakthrough in ‌the meeting between the pair, saying Netanyahu had made it clear the IDF would not withdraw and would continue to carry out operations in Gaza.

Continue reading...

Read the full article on The Guardian World ›

5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on www.theguardian.com — the content belongs to The Guardian World.

More from The Guardian World

See all ›

More in World

See all ›