Friday, 21 August 2026 SourcesAbout🌓
🇬🇧 UK ▾
BREAKING
Sports

Rugby brain injury case brought back from brink of collapse after high court ruling

The Guardian Sport ·
Rugby brain injury case brought back from brink of collapse after high court ruling

Governing bodies had asked for ruling to end cases Judge says claimants ‘blameless’ for missing documents The legal action over brain injuries in rugby has been brought back from the brink of collapse after the high court ruled to give a reprieve to hundreds of claimants who had been struck out from the case.

More than 500 claimants had breached a court order by failing to disclose necessary neurological testing information to the defendants.

The players’ representative, Susan Rodway KC, had said they were “staring into the precipice” at the most recent hearing, but the judge, Senior Master Cook, has now decided, with “some hesitation”, to allow all the affected claims to continue.

Continue reading...

Read the full article on The Guardian Sport ›

5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on www.theguardian.com — the content belongs to The Guardian Sport.

More from The Guardian Sport

See all ›

More in Sports

See all ›