Andy Burnham Weighs In As Prince Harry and Meghan Set For Return to U.K.
Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, attended the 75th NBA All-Star Game in Inglewood, California, on Feb.
15, 2026. —Ronald Martinez - Getty Images Harry and Meghan , the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, are expected to move back to the United Kingdom later this year, after six years of living in the U.S. during a period of estrangement from the rest of the Royal family.
The couple are set to move with their children, Prince Archie , 7, and Princess Lilibet , 5, to a non-royal residence that is said to be outside of London, with both children enrolled to start at a British school in September.
The news was first reported by the Daily Telegraph on Wednesday, with multiple outlets since reporting similar details.
The move follows years of Prince Harry arguing that the security arrangements provided for his family in the U.K. were insufficient.
In May 2025, Prince Harry lost an appeal after the British government downgraded his security arrangements following his decision, along with Meghan, to step back from Royal duties in 2020.
Asked on Thursday about the move and if the British government would pay for the family’s security, Prime Minister Andy Burnham said the issue was “a private matter” and that he “wishes them well in the move that they are making.” King Charles III was reportedly informed of the couple’s move on Sunday, and in line with their wishes, the Duke and Duchess will not return to their duties previously held as members of the Royal family.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex last visited the U.K. in July and were hosted by Charles and Queen Camilla at their private residence, Highgrove House, in Gloucestershire, west England.
Prince Harry also spent time attending events across the country linked to the Invictus Games, a sporting event established by the Duke involving injured or sick international servicemen and women.
Neither the Royal family nor Harry and Meghan have responded publicly to the reports.
When asked about the speculation during a roundtable event in Washington on Wednesday, Harry said he had “nothing to say,” per the Associated Press .
TIME has reached out to Buckingham Palace, as well as representatives of the Duke and Duchess for comment.
Harry and Meghan’s break from the Royal family Harry and Meghan initially lived and worked in the U.K. following their wedding in May 2018.
But amid intense media scrutiny and other issues, they soon expressed desires to pull back from public-facing Royal duties.
5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on time.com — the content belongs to TIME.