Sunday, August 23, 2026 SourcesAbout🌓
🇺🇸 US ▾
BREAKING
Latest

Frustrated Bubba Watson confronts unruly fan at LIV Golf Indianapolis in intense scene

Fox News ·
Frustrated Bubba Watson confronts unruly fan at LIV Golf Indianapolis in intense scene

Bubba Watson had heard enough from a fan during the second round of LIV Golf Indianapolis and opted to confront them in what turned into quite the scene at The Club at Chatham Hills.

Watson, who was playing alongside Lee Westwood and Bryson DeChambeau on day two of the LIV season finale, was captured on video walking over to a fan who could be heard shouting something while Westwood was preparing to hit his approach shot.

The fan in question shouted, "Bryson, Bryson," before Westwood stepped off his golf ball and Watson made his way over to the fan.

The two-time Masters champion challenged the rowdy fan to say something, and as expected, the spectator remained quiet.

"Oh, you don’t want to say anything now? Say something, I'm looking at ya, say it," Watson said towards the fan.

Watson carded a 2-under 68 on Friday to jump into contention, which hasn't exactly been familiar territory for the 47-year-old this season.

JORDAN SPIETH SAYS GAMBLING IS FUELING ROWDY GOLF CROWDS AND WANTS THE SPORT TO ADDRESS IT SOON Entering the week, Watson had secured just one top 10 finish in his 11 starts on the breakaway circuit in 2026.

The lefty also missed the cut in his lone major championship start this season back in April at The Masters.

While a fan shouting at an inopportune time certainly warrants criticism, it's also the least of LIV Golf's concerns at the moment.

In April, the Saudi Public Investment Fund (PIF) announced that it would no longer fund LIV Golf beyond the 2026 season.

In the weeks following, LIV cancelled the LIV Team Championship in Michigan , moved the season finale up to this week's event in Indianapolis, and slashed the individual purse for the finale from $20 million to $10.1 million.

LIV Golf is also facing a lawsuit from Fresh Tape Media, with the company reportedly suing the circuit for $1.2 million in alleged unpaid dues and interest from its work producing LIV's preseason media days.

Earlier this month, LIV CEO Scott O'Neil shared news of an unnamed investor being secured to keep LIV Golf afloat into 2027.

Specific details of the investor have not been shared.

Read the full article on Fox News ›

5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on www.foxnews.com — the content belongs to Fox News.

More from Fox News

See all ›

More in Latest

See all ›