Thursday, August 20, 2026 SourcesAbout🌓
🇺🇸 US ▾
BREAKING
Dominion still has pending lawsuits against election deniers such as Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell Russia is 'going backwards' in equipment and deploying post WWII-era tanks, according to Western officials Podcast: One country musician is calling for other artists to oppose assault rifles Bidets save you money and reduce waste — we tested the best options out there 50+ products to make your life easier and our planet cleaner Mother's Day is around the corner. Here are 50+ thoughtful gifts she'll love A head-to-toe guide of how men should dress this spring, and where they should shop 42 of the most useful travel products you can buy on Amazon The 7 best high-yield savings accounts of April 2023 Taxes are due tomorrow. Here's how to file for an extension Dominion still has pending lawsuits against election deniers such as Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell Russia is 'going backwards' in equipment and deploying post WWII-era tanks, according to Western officials Podcast: One country musician is calling for other artists to oppose assault rifles Bidets save you money and reduce waste — we tested the best options out there 50+ products to make your life easier and our planet cleaner Mother's Day is around the corner. Here are 50+ thoughtful gifts she'll love A head-to-toe guide of how men should dress this spring, and where they should shop 42 of the most useful travel products you can buy on Amazon The 7 best high-yield savings accounts of April 2023 Taxes are due tomorrow. Here's how to file for an extension
Latest

TV Star’s Desperate Move to Land Leavitt’s Job Exposed

The Daily Beast ·
TV Star’s Desperate Move to Land Leavitt’s Job Exposed

JIM WATSON / AFP via Getty Images CNN panelist Scott Jennings made a desperate play to be President Donald Trump’s next press secretary.

Jennings, 48, is one of the names being touted to replace the outgoing Karoline Leavitt, 28, who has thrown in the towel to spend more time with her new baby and 60-year-old husband.

Jennings announced his candidacy for the job by defending Trump’s assistant Natalie Harp , 35, calling Senator Jon Ossoff a “sucker punching coward” after he name-dropped her in an attack on Trump.

Jennings was reportedly so pleased with himself that he then sent clips of his riposte to senior White House staffers, a source told Politico’s Playbook , sparking suggestions that he used it as an informal audition.

“I just don’t think that’s what you sign up for when you’re someone like Natalie Harp, who never put her name on a ballot.

She’s not the White House press secretary.

She’s not a household name, and I just find it to be appalling,” he told Playbook.

“Somebody needs to defend her honor.” Harp is Trump’s special assistant and executive assistant and is reportedly one of the few aides who snuck onto a third plane via a catering truck in Turkey with him, according to reports, amidst a credible threat from Iran.

She earns $150,000 a year for her troubles.

Harp previously worked for the far-right television channel One America News Network from 2020 to 2022.

Sources close to the president told the newsletter that he has had his eye on the job since Trump returned to power, but whether his would-be boss is interested in him is another matter.

Speaking to NOTUS , a source said that while Trump is interested in Jennings, he is not sold on him as Leavitt’s successor.

This comes despite sources telling the news site that Trump is eager to get a man into the job to prevent comparisons between Leavitt and the new appointee.

Other names being floated include Harp and George W.

Read the full article on The Daily Beast ›

5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on www.thedailybeast.com — the content belongs to The Daily Beast.

This story in other outlets

More from The Daily Beast

See all ›

More in Latest

See all ›