Emails, contradictions and admissions: How Fadiel Adams story unravelled at Madlanga Commission
The week of suspended Member of Parliament (MP) Fadiel Adams at the Madlanga Commission.
Fadiel Adams’ testimony at the Madlanga Commission descended into a bruising credibility test when he appeared, with Adams forced to correct key parts of his evidence after being confronted with emails, records and questions about his version of events.
His complaints and Section 27 affidavit helped trigger the chain of events at the centre of the inquiry, making his evidence crucial to understanding allegations involving senior Crime Intelligence officials and the Investigating Directorate Against Corruption (IDAC).
But by the end of the week, the spotlight had shifted from the allegations Adams brought before the commission to the reliability of the man making them.
Suspended MP and National Coloured Congress (NCC) leader, Fadiel Adams, testified at the Madlanga Commission this week.
One of the most damaging moments came when Adams’ explanation for the late submission of his sworn statement was tested against the commission’s records.
He had told the inquiry that he had only become aware of the request for his statement roughly three to four months earlier.
The commission then produced correspondence showing that a Rule 3 notice had been sent to him in October 2025 and that Adams responded on October 14.
Confronted with the evidence, Adams acknowledged that he had been untruthful and apologised.
He attributed the discrepancy to confusion over his correspondence and problems involving his parliamentary laptop.
It was a striking admission because the issue was not based on conflicting recollections alone. The commission had an electronic paper trail.
Adams also faced sustained questioning about criminal dockets involving senior Crime Intelligence officials.
He had claimed that dockets he opened had been intercepted and linked the allegation to information he said he received from the late General André Lincoln.
Under questioning, however, the evidence surrounding the alleged interception became increasingly contested.
5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on iol.co.za — the content belongs to IOL.