Saturday, 22 August 2026 SourcesAbout🌓
🇿🇦 ZA ▾
BREAKING
Latest

Reiger Park murders: Third arrest as CCTV raises questions over alleged gunman

IOL ·
Reiger Park murders: Third arrest as CCTV raises questions over alleged gunman

The investigation into the Reiger Park killing of two Gauteng Anti-Gang Unit officers and two women has led to three arrests and the recovery of two R5 rifles. Elvino Levert Crafford, 27, became the third accused to appear in the Boksburg Magistrate’s Court. Police have identified co-accused Reagan Cheslin Collis, 23, as the alleged gunman, but CCTV footage seen by IOL has raised questions about that version. A source claims another man carried out the shooting. Collis denies the allegations. All three accused are expected back in court on August 25 for formal bail applications.

The investigation into the killing of two Gauteng Anti-Gang Unit officers and two women in Reiger Park , Ekurhuleni, has progressed to the arrests now of three supects and the recovery of two R5 rifles - but a dispute still hangs over who carried out the shooting.

The third suspect, Elvino Levert Crafford, 27, appeared in the Boksburg Magistrate's Court on Friday morning on charges relating to the killing.

He was arrested on Wednesday by the Hawks' Serious Organised Crime Investigation team based in Germiston, Ekurhuleni.

Hawks spokesperson Colonel Katlego Mogale said Crafford faced the same charges as his co-accused under the doctrine of common purpose, as all three allegedly participated in the crimes.

During his first appearance, Crafford had visible bruises on his face.

His lawyer, attorney Samkele Kuzani, told the court that Crafford alleged he had been brutally assaulted by police during his arrest.

Kuzani asked that the charge sheet be endorsed to allow Crafford to receive medical attention.

Crafford's case was postponed to August 25 for a formal bail application in the same court alongside his co-accused.

Police have identified 23-year-old Reagan Cheslin Collis as the alleged gunman.

He faces four counts of murder, one count of attempted murder, two counts of robbery with aggravating circumstances, and charges relating to the possession of unlicensed firearms and ammunition.

Reagan Cheslin Collis, 23, who is accused by police of being the gunman; faces four murder charges, among others.

Collis has denied the allegations through his legal representation and a source familiar with the incident who has seen CCTV footage linked to the shooting has disputed the police version, saying that Collis may not have been the shooter.

The developments come as Jamal Meyer, the second person charged in connection with the killings, appeared in the Boksburg Magistrate's Court on Tuesday.

Read the full article on IOL ›

5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on iol.co.za — the content belongs to IOL.

This story in other outlets

More from IOL

See all ›

More in Latest

See all ›