Have you seen her? Gauteng cops seek Majola’s partner over DJ Warras murder
Police are searching for Hlengiwe Goodness Buthelezi, who is wanted for alleged conspiracy to commit murder and murder in connection with the fatal shooting of DJ Warras outside a Johannesburg building in December.
Gauteng police have appealed to the public to assist in searching for Hlengiwe Goodness Buthelezi, 40, who is believed to be the girlfriend of Victor Majola , the alleged mastermind behind the murder of DJ Warras.
Police on Wednesday released a photograph of Buthelezi and appealed to the public for information that could lead to her arrest.
“The South African Police Service (SAPS) detectives attached to the Provincial Investigation Unit Serious and Violent Crimes are seeking the public’s assistance in locating a suspect wanted for alleged conspiracy to commit murder and murder, which occurred in Johannesburg Central on 16 December 2025,” Gauteng police spokesperson Captain Tintswalo Sibeko said.
DJ Warras, whose real name was Warrick Stock, was shot dead outside the Zambesi Building in Johannesburg’s central business district.
Sibeko said anyone with information about Buthelezi’s whereabouts is urged to contact the investigating officer, Detective Sergeant Nengovhela, on 082 967 9362 . Information can also be provided anonymously through the MySAPS app or Crime Stop on 08600 10111 .
The police appeal comes as Majola’s murder trial was postponed for four weeks on Wednesday to give him time to secure funding for his legal representation.
Majola, 44, appeared in the Johannesburg High Court and remains in custody after being denied bail.
He faces charges of premeditated murder and conspiracy to commit murder in connection with Stock’s killing.
The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) opposed the postponement, saying the State was ready to proceed after providing the defence with the relevant documentation.
NPA Gauteng spokesperson Magaboke Mohlatlole said the defence had sought the postponement to obtain financial instructions.
The court granted the postponement, marking it as final, to allow Majola’s counsel sufficient time to secure funding. The matter was postponed to September 18.
Majola is charged alongside 25-year-old Joaquim Armando Pacula, who previously pleaded guilty to murder and was sentenced to 25 years in prison.
Mohlatlole said the State would be ready to proceed when the matter returns to court on September 18.
5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on iol.co.za — the content belongs to IOL.