Friday, 21 August 2026 SourcesAbout🌓
🇿🇦 ZA ▾
BREAKING
MOTHER AND CHILD: FoodForward SA expands nutrition drive to 100 more families HOPE FROM ASHES: Community rallies behind NPO as fire halts vital child-focused programmes Women’s mental health: Breaking the stigma and creating spaces for hope Why Rassie Erasmus is backing Paul de Villiers to step up against All Blacks Capitec employee debarred for fraudulent debit orders to boost bonuses Vilified Then, Vilified Now: How Media Repeats Apartheid-Era Tactics Against Women Leaders Former PM Imran Khan transferred back to jail after medical examination Can 'Baby Haaland' Sebastian Pedersen fire Orlando Pirates to MTN8 glory? Higher platinum prices expected to lift African Rainbow Minerals earnings JSE hits Trustco with R5m fine MOTHER AND CHILD: FoodForward SA expands nutrition drive to 100 more families HOPE FROM ASHES: Community rallies behind NPO as fire halts vital child-focused programmes Women’s mental health: Breaking the stigma and creating spaces for hope Why Rassie Erasmus is backing Paul de Villiers to step up against All Blacks Capitec employee debarred for fraudulent debit orders to boost bonuses Vilified Then, Vilified Now: How Media Repeats Apartheid-Era Tactics Against Women Leaders Former PM Imran Khan transferred back to jail after medical examination Can 'Baby Haaland' Sebastian Pedersen fire Orlando Pirates to MTN8 glory? Higher platinum prices expected to lift African Rainbow Minerals earnings JSE hits Trustco with R5m fine
Latest

Khumalo says ready to serve again after charges withdrawn

SABC News ·
Khumalo says ready to serve again after charges withdrawn

Crime Intelligence head Dumisani Khumalo says he is ready to get back to serving the country after fraud and corruption charges against him and his six co-accused were withdrawn by the National Prosecuting Authority.

Khumalo and his co-accused have appeared at the Pretoria Magistrate’s Court where the charges were formally withdrawn.

The charges relate to Brigadier Dineo Mokwele’s appointment.

The group was arrested in June last year and charged with the alleged irregular appointment of Mokwele .

Khumalo has addressed the media following his c ourt ap pearance.

“It’s something that one can call it was good for the country because that is what impacted on everything that is currently happening in the country and we feel that it’s very good for the whole country and we are going to continue working and serving the people of South Africa, the way we have been doing all these years.” The NPA Withdraws Fraud and Corruption Case Against Lieutenant General Khumalo and Others pic.twitter.com/xcMKEAXrYY — NPASouthAfrica (@NPA_Prosecutes) August 21, 2026 NPA withdraws charges against Lt-Gen Khumalo

Read the full article on SABC News ›

5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on www.sabcnews.com — the content belongs to SABC News.

This story in other outlets

More from SABC News

See all ›

More in Latest

See all ›