Saturday 22 August 2026 SourcesAbout🌓
🇦🇺 AU ▾
BREAKING
Steven King promised his team would be selfless, ruthless, connected. But there’s one word that defines his Demons Arsenal v Coventry City: Premier League – live Nord Stream blast film crew suspect detained in Croatia Dutch regulator fines Uber $966m for automating driver suspensions Wilson keeps Hockeyroos dreaming of World Cup success Pull. Breathe. Kick. Glide … the cautionary tale of the first cross-Channel swimmer | Emma John Editor of military news outlet that first revealed US aircraft carrier crisis says he was fired over interview – live A year on from Dezi Freeman shootings, Porepunkah is moving forward Usain Bolt set to play Sunday league football for star-studded veterans’ team Lindsay Clancy murder trial: rebuttal witnesses called after defense rests Steven King promised his team would be selfless, ruthless, connected. But there’s one word that defines his Demons Arsenal v Coventry City: Premier League – live Nord Stream blast film crew suspect detained in Croatia Dutch regulator fines Uber $966m for automating driver suspensions Wilson keeps Hockeyroos dreaming of World Cup success Pull. Breathe. Kick. Glide … the cautionary tale of the first cross-Channel swimmer | Emma John Editor of military news outlet that first revealed US aircraft carrier crisis says he was fired over interview – live A year on from Dezi Freeman shootings, Porepunkah is moving forward Usain Bolt set to play Sunday league football for star-studded veterans’ team Lindsay Clancy murder trial: rebuttal witnesses called after defense rests
Australian News

Meghan set to star in Guy Ritchie’s Netflix series on return to UK

Brisbane Times ·
Meghan set to star in Guy Ritchie’s Netflix series on return to UK

The Duchess of Sussex is set to star in a Guy Ritchie Netflix series when she moves to the UK.

The Telegraph understands that the Duchess is in advanced discussions to join the cast for the third series of The Gentlemen . It is unclear how many episodes she will be appearing in.

The action series stars Theo James as a British aristocrat who inherits his family’s estate and discovers it is home to an underground cannabis empire.

News of the Netflix role comes after entertainment sources told news.com.au on Thursday that the former Suits actress had been offered a part in an upcoming project based in Britain, which sources close to the Sussexes have not denied.

The Telegraph revealed on Wednesday that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were returning to the UK later this month , with their children Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, already enrolled at a British school before September.

It is understood the offer of the role, which was only made recently, formed part of the decision-making process in the family relocating to the UK but was not the sole reason.

The Duchess worked as an actress before meeting Prince Harry, and was best known for her role as lawyer Rachel Zane in seven seasons of the US legal drama Suits .

In 2017, she went on an acting hiatus and told the BBC that she viewed her career break as “a new chapter”.

She returned to acting for the first time in nearly 10 years , playing herself in the upcoming comedy Close Personal Friends , starring Lily Collins and Brie Larson.

The family intends to relocate from the US to a private, non-royal residence thought to be outside London later this month.

The Duke and Duchess’s status as non-working royals and private individuals will remain unchanged.

It is understood that the King was not aware of the move until last Sunday, but he is said to be pleased his younger son is coming home and is looking forward to spending more time with him and his family.

The Telegraph understands Harry – who misses the UK and wants to be closer to his wider family – hopes to regain the King’s trust by no longer discussing private family matters in public or giving television interviews.

Prince Harry has spent years revealing details about the monarchy and his personal life. However, the couple plan not to expose their children to the public eye and British media organisations have been urged by the regulator not to disclose the location of the new family home or the children’s school.

Read the full article on Brisbane Times ›

5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on www.brisbanetimes.com.au — the content belongs to Brisbane Times.

This story in other outlets

More from Brisbane Times

See all ›

More in Australian News

See all ›