Wednesday 19 August 2026 SourcesAbout🌓
🇦🇺 AU ▾
BREAKING
‘Wake up call for us’: Waratahs brace for change after Cheika return is confirmed Construction boss accused of plotting standover in secret sushi shop meeting with bikies Mum-of-three Evette Wallington, 29, killed in freak workplace incident at Osborne Park tow truck yard UK inflation rises to 2.9% as Iran war drives up energy bills Labor thinks it can win elections defending super. For Hanson, it’s just another way to deprive Taylor of political oxygen Players pushing to replace points deductions with huge fines for late payments WSL’s ‘big two’: Arsenal and Chelsea record more revenue than rest of league combined | Tom Garry Australia's northern bases may be a 'juicy target' but the US is showing interest Out-of-contract Butler keen to end tough season well 'Dog': Ray Hadley slams rival in texts to Jones accuser ‘Wake up call for us’: Waratahs brace for change after Cheika return is confirmed Construction boss accused of plotting standover in secret sushi shop meeting with bikies Mum-of-three Evette Wallington, 29, killed in freak workplace incident at Osborne Park tow truck yard UK inflation rises to 2.9% as Iran war drives up energy bills Labor thinks it can win elections defending super. For Hanson, it’s just another way to deprive Taylor of political oxygen Players pushing to replace points deductions with huge fines for late payments WSL’s ‘big two’: Arsenal and Chelsea record more revenue than rest of league combined | Tom Garry Australia's northern bases may be a 'juicy target' but the US is showing interest Out-of-contract Butler keen to end tough season well 'Dog': Ray Hadley slams rival in texts to Jones accuser
Australian News

Major sponsor takes action on Isaac Heeney and Chad Warner amid Sydney Swans scandal

PerthNow ·
Major sponsor takes action on Isaac Heeney and Chad Warner amid Sydney Swans scandal

Sydney superstars Isaac Heeney and Chad Warner will not participate in any ambassadorial activities for Telstra as the fallout to the alleged sexual assault scandal continues.

Heeney, Warner, Nick Blakey, Riley Bice and James Jordon were all handed season-ending bans for breaching club standards for their behaviour at a Melbourne hotel in the early hours of Monday morning.

WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: Swans stand down five stars for standards breach

The players have been linked to an ongoing police investigation into sexual assault allegations at East Melbourne’s Pullman Hotel, with no formal interviews taking place and no charges laid.

The AFL has let Sydney handle the internal punishments, wary of not potentially jeopardising police enquiries.

Telstra have also taken action, confirming that Heeney and Warner will not be a part of any activity while the police investigation is ongoing.

“We are deeply concerned by what’s been reported and respect the matter is currently being investigated by police,” they said in a statement.

“Players assisting police with their investigation who are also Telstra Ambassadors are not participating in any ambassador activity while the investigation is ongoing.

“We will review their ambassador arrangements once the investigation is complete and will provide an update at that time.”

Prior to the incident, Heeney was one of the most marketable players in the league, becoming the face of AFL in Sydney, and the face of many brands.

Sydney’s major sponsors QBE Insurance and Origin Energy released statements earlier in the week.

QBE Insurance said: “We have no tolerance for conduct that compromises the safety, dignity or wellbeing of others and we support the club’s position in condemning all forms of abuse and disrespectful behaviour towards women.”

Origin Energy added: “The club informed us about this incident on Monday, and we are incredibly disappointed. While the matter is subject to an investigation, it is not appropriate for us to comment any further.”

Meanwhile, the AFL are still yet to make a ruling on whether the banned Swans players will be eligible to make the final team or not.

Read the full article on PerthNow ›

5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on www.perthnow.com.au — the content belongs to PerthNow.

More from PerthNow

See all ›

More in Australian News

See all ›