Saturday, 22 August 2026 SourcesAbout🌓
🇮🇳 IN ▾
BREAKING
Alia Bhatt begins Tumbbad 2 shoot, joins Sohum Shah and Nawazuddin Siddiqui Arjun Rampal marries longtime girlfriend Gabriella Demetriades in Goa Vaibhav Sooryavanshi can give Test cricket an exciting future: Rahul Dravid HSBC opens 3 international mutual funds to fresh SIPs, what investors need to know before investing Special NIA court rejects bail plea of Pulwama terror attack accused Insha Jan US imposes 50% tariffs on $20 billion worth of Canadian products; Canada says it will retaliate MBU offers scholarships to single girl children, first-generation graduates The power of productive struggle in Maths learning No excuses: India needs 60 minutes of pure hockey to stun Netherlands Pet insurance emerges as a financial cushion as vet bills run into lakhs Alia Bhatt begins Tumbbad 2 shoot, joins Sohum Shah and Nawazuddin Siddiqui Arjun Rampal marries longtime girlfriend Gabriella Demetriades in Goa Vaibhav Sooryavanshi can give Test cricket an exciting future: Rahul Dravid HSBC opens 3 international mutual funds to fresh SIPs, what investors need to know before investing Special NIA court rejects bail plea of Pulwama terror attack accused Insha Jan US imposes 50% tariffs on $20 billion worth of Canadian products; Canada says it will retaliate MBU offers scholarships to single girl children, first-generation graduates The power of productive struggle in Maths learning No excuses: India needs 60 minutes of pure hockey to stun Netherlands Pet insurance emerges as a financial cushion as vet bills run into lakhs
Business

Top ranked Jannik Sinner pulls out of US Open after suffering knee injury

Business Standard ·
Top ranked Jannik Sinner pulls out of US Open after suffering knee injury

Top-ranked Jannik Sinner withdrew from the U.S.

Open on Friday, unable to recover from a right knee injury that has sidelined him since winning the Wimbledon title.

Sinner beat Alexander Zverev last month for his second straight title at the All England Club, but then pulled out of the hard-court tournaments in Montreal and Cincinnati that serve as a warmup for the U.S.

Open.

The 25-year-old Italian wrote Friday that he won't be ready when the main draw begins on Aug.

30.

"Even though I have been working hard with my team and my medical staff, we have now had to make the difficult decision that I will not be able to compete at the US Open this year," Sinner wrote in a post on X.

"We have been back on court in Monte Carlo over the last couple of days and have realized that I still need more time to recover from my right knee issue.

I'm obviously very sad and disappointed, as New York has a special place in my heart.

I was very much looking forward to coming back and playing in the .

Read the full article on Business Standard ›

5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on www.business-standard.com — the content belongs to Business Standard.

This story in other outlets

More from Business Standard

See all ›

More in Business

See all ›