Trump Author Says Secret Service ‘Alarmed’ by Natalie Harp Letters
Ken Cedeno / REUTERS New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman says that letters sent by Natalie Harp to President Donald Trump “alarmed” the Secret Service.
Some words leap off the page, with Harp, a former right-wing cable host, going as far as to say she is “unworthy” of the president.
The Times previously reported on excerpts from the fawning letters sent by Trump’s ever-present aide after Michael Wolff first published extracts from the letters.
On Thursday, the Daily Beast published the letters in full , revealing new details of just how obsessed Harp, 35, seems to be with her 80-year-old boss.
Indeed, the president’s close security team appeared anxious about some of the correspondence, according to Haberman, who, along with colleague Jonathan Swan, wrote the best-selling book Regime Change .
“Harp has carved out this role of being incredibly devoted to the president.
She had left these letters for him and in his personal spaces during the interregnum for four years.
The Secret Service had gotten alarmed by some of them.
That was not—well, that was notable,” she said on CNN’s The Source on Thursday.
The veteran White House correspondent noted that the letters were sent in 2023, before Trump was re-elected.
“That was a campaign.
That was different.
She is now in the government.
She sits 10 feet away from the president.
5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on www.thedailybeast.com — the content belongs to The Daily Beast.