‘Good Will Hunting’ Star Shares Update After ‘Near-Death’ Crash
Fred Prouser / Reuters Good Will Hunting star Minnie Driver shared an emotional update just over two weeks after getting into a serious car accident.
“Paris update: It sucks being traumatized,” the British-American Oscar nominee, 56, said in a video she posted on Instagram on Tuesday.
“Like you look like you’re OK and you keep saying ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ and showing up but… You’re just not OK,” she said.
Driver first shared an Instagram video on August 6 in which she wore a neck brace, revealing that she had been in “ a really bad car accident ” and sprained her neck.
The incident, she said, occurred a few days earlier while she was driving in the French countryside with her friend, actor Ben Homewood.
“A car didn’t stop at an intersection and was going at speed, and we just T-boned it,” she said.
“We somehow walked out of it.
Well, we didn’t walk out of it.
We crawled out of it, but we did get out of it alive.” Driver said the accident did not leave her with serious physical injuries, but shook her mentally.
“I’m really in shock and cry all the time,” she said in the video.
“But I’m going to heal.” On August 18, though, a brace-free Driver spoke to the camera as she walked around Paris.
“Now I’m in this club, this near-death experience club, and I really don’t like clubs.
They’re sort of oppressive.
I mean unless they’ve got a dance floor,“ she said.
5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on www.thedailybeast.com — the content belongs to The Daily Beast.