Alleged victim’s lawyer makes new claim as retired star Taylor Adams also named in Sydney’s hotel saga
The Sydney Swans are again insisting that no member of their staff is involved in the investigation into an alleged sexual assault, a claim that has been backed up by Victoria Police.
There has been some confusion about the number of people in the room , with reports suggesting there were nine, while the Swans have said there were only the now five suspended players, Isaac Heeney, Chad Warner, Nick Blakey, James Jordon and Riley Bice.
However, the Swans have been saying only five were linked to the club. They are not including Taylor Adams, the former GWS, Collingwood and Sydney star who retired — “effective immediately” — in June this year.
It was confirmed overnight that Adams, 32, was also in the Pullman Hotel room where exotic dancers performed and where an alleged crime took place.
7NEWS does not suggest that any of the players were involved in any untoward behaviour, but that there are allegations of sexual misconduct.
On Friday, Carbone Lawyers injury law and litigation boss John Karantzis told 7NEWS he believed “there were various officials in the room at that morning”.
“The Sydney Swans categorically confirms that no member of staff is involved in the investigation. This includes being in the hotel room central to the police investigation,” the statement said.
Sydney also said that no player had been interviewed by police “at this stage”.
7NEWS understands Heeney voluntarily attended a police station on Monday but was not officially interviewed.
Also on Saturday, Slater and Gordon revealed they were investigating a possible civil claim on behalf of one of the women involved in the alleged attack.
Slater and Gordon senior lawyer Jackson Pannam said his client was the individual who contacted police immediately following the alleged assault.
“Our client has had her entire world turned upside down and is now trying to navigate an (allegedly) traumatic experience,” Pannam said.
“At Slater and Gordon, we see the profound and long-lasting impact that serious injury, loss and abuse can have on people’s lives.
“Everyone deserves to be safe going about their life, at home, at work, and in public spaces ... We’re standing with our client to give her support at this difficult time.”
5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on www.perthnow.com.au — the content belongs to PerthNow.