Cats coach coy on concussion controversy
Geelong coach Chris Scott doesn't expect Jake Kolodjashnij to play at any level this weekend as his concussion controversy continues.
The AFL has issued Geelong a 'please explain' over its inclusion of a waiver in Kolodjashni's contract following several concussions.
The 31-year-old signed a waiver indemnifying the Cats and club medicos from any future concussion-related liability. The waiver has since been removed.
Scott said on Tuesday he wasn't expecting Kolodjashnij to play in the VFL or AFL this weekend.
Asked if he had an update on the AFL's investigation into the controversy, Scott replied: "There may well have been but it just hasn't come through to me - and I don't expect it to.
"Like a few things in the AFL at the moment, I would assume that you, the media, would hear before me," he said.
The sixth-placed Cats host lowly Richmond on Saturday night and a win will likely guarantee a top-six finish.
Scott said gun goalkicker Jeremy Cameron was likely to return for his first game since a shoulder injury on July 11.
"There was a discussion last week as to whether he might play that game," he said.
"It's simplistic so I probably shouldn't say it: in consideration last week, I would say he's in pretty good shape this week.
"In my mind, the conversations we were having in the past fortnight lead me to believe that this is potentially a little bit later (of) a return that he could have had."
Midfielder James Worpel will miss between two and four weeks because of a hamstring injury, but Sam De Koning is set for selection after missing last weekend's game because of a knee bursa problem.
5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on www.perthnow.com.au — the content belongs to PerthNow.