Spirit Controversy: Pranay Reddy Vanga claims Deepika Padukone made ‘unreasonable’ demands; says, “She demanded 10 percent from the film’s profit”
The controversy surrounding Deepika Padukone’s exit from Spirit has resurfaced after Pranay Reddy Vanga, brother of filmmaker Sandeep Reddy Vanga, made fresh claims about the disagreements that led to the actress’ departure from the Prabhas-starrer.
While reports about Deepika’s demand for an eight-hour workday had earlier become a major talking point, Pranay has now alleged that remuneration and profit-sharing were also part of the discussions.
In a recent interview with NTV, Pranay spoke about the circumstances surrounding Deepika’s exit.
He said the discussions involved her remuneration, working hours and other aspects of the project.
“The reason is the same as what was already mentioned.
One was remuneration, the second was timing.
Apart from that, there are some other reasons too,” he said.
According to Pranay, Sandeep had been in talks with Deepika for around one-and-a-half years and was keen to have her on board.
He also suggested that her recent box-office success gave her greater leverage during negotiations.
However, he said the final decision to move ahead with another actress was Sandeep’s. #DeepikaPadukone asked for unreasonable Remuneration hike, her schedule was unprofessional & unfair to the rest of the team, and she wanted 10% of post release profit from #Spirit - #PranayReddyVanga This led to Sandeep choosing #TriptiDimri 👀 #Prabhas #SandeepReddyVanga pic.twitter.com/GnafTRUWXv — The Climax India (@TheClimaxIndia) August 20, 2026 Pranay further claimed that Deepika had asked for a share in the film’s profits.
“She demanded 10 percent from the film’s profit.
Soon after, everything went overboard.
See, she can ask for anything.
If we are willing to give, we can give.
5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on www.bollywoodhungama.com — the content belongs to Bollywood Hungama.