Friday, 21 August 2026 SourcesAbout🌓
🇬🇧 UK ▾
BREAKING
Sports

Endrick responds to Liverpool offer as Reds plot Jose Mourinho transfer revenge

The Mirror Football ·
Endrick responds to Liverpool offer as Reds plot Jose Mourinho transfer revenge

Endrick is reportedly not considering leaving Real Madrid despite Liverpool apparently being interested in the Brazil international. The Reds are said to have inquired about his availability after they signed Yan Diomande.

Liverpool were willing to spend almost £100million on the Ivory Coast international, who ultimately chose Madrid over Merseyside . Diomande has since detailed the involvement his new coach, Jose Mourinho , had on signing him, telling SportyTV : "Mourinho got up at five in the morning to talk to me."

He recalled: "When Madrid calls you, you can't say no. So I said: 'If they want me, that's where I'll be'."

Despite the 19-year-old's signing increasing competition going forwards, ESPN claims that Endrick wants to stay after enjoying training this summer. Mourinho is said to believe the forward can be a versatile attacking option.

Both the coach and player have apparently rejected offers from Aston Villa and Roma over recent weeks. After spending the second half of last season on loan at Lyon , Endrick has featured for Mourinho during pre-season this month.

The 20-year-old started and scored in his first outing of the summer against Fiorentina . Endrick also started their friendlies with Deportivo La Coruna and Ferencvaros, but did not feature last time out.

Diomande made his non-competitive debut in Endrick's absence, replacing Brahim Diaz for the final half-hour. The former RB Leipzig winger has spoken highly of Mourinho since arriving in the Spanish capital.

In the same interview with SportyTV , he said: "As soon as I arrived, he told me: 'I promised you that you were going to be part of my team, and here you are.' And I told him: 'I'm happy to work with you because you are the best.'

"I can learn a lot from him; he is the right coach to continue my development. I am prepared to die for him."

Sky's Essential TV and Sky Sports bundle includes at least 215 live Premier League clashes across the 2026/27 season, with more than 1,500 games from the EFL and beyond, plus F1, golf and darts.

This introductory offer saves £384 compared to the standard price, with every package also providing 100 regular channels alongside free Netflix and discovery+ subscriptions.

Liverpool have since turned their attention to other options, most recently having a £50million offer for Yankuba Minteh rejected by Brighton & Hove Albion. The Reds have also held opening exploratory talks for Ibrahim Mbaye and Magnhes Akilouche.

The latter has since joined the former at Paris Saint-Germain, with whom Liverpool have been in talks for several weeks regarding Bradley Barcola. PSG want £140million for the France international, who has made clear privately that he wants to sign for the Reds.

Matias Fernandez-Pardo and Said El Mala were also identified as potential options earlier this summer. Minteh, however, is who they have bid for.

Read the full article on The Mirror Football ›

5News aggregated this summary from the outlet’s public feed. The full article, with all the context, is on www.mirror.co.uk — the content belongs to The Mirror Football.

More from The Mirror Football

See all ›

More in Sports

See all ›